Jun 16, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
Bud Holloway, once a prospect of the L.A. Kings, could perhaps find himself back in Hollywood after a stint in Europe.
Citing numerous reports, LA Kings Insider indicated that Holloway could sign a contract with the Kings as a free agent.
“We know what he’s done in the Skellefteå and have registered our interest with his agent to get him over the next season,” assistant general manager Ron Hextall told SportExpressen.se, as per LA Kings Insider.
Holloway was originally drafted by the Kings in the third-round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He spent three seasons with the Kings’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Manchester Monarchs, beginning in 2008.
In 2010-11, he scored 28 goals – a personal best in his professional career – for the Monarchs.
Holloway has spent the last two seasons with Skelleftea HC in the Swedish Elite League. This past season, he scored 20 goals and had 71 points in 55 games.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)