Jun 16, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Bud Holloway, once a prospect of the L.A. Kings, could perhaps find himself back in Hollywood after a stint in Europe.
Citing numerous reports, LA Kings Insider indicated that Holloway could sign a contract with the Kings as a free agent.
“We know what he’s done in the Skellefteå and have registered our interest with his agent to get him over the next season,” assistant general manager Ron Hextall told SportExpressen.se, as per LA Kings Insider.
Holloway was originally drafted by the Kings in the third-round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He spent three seasons with the Kings’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Manchester Monarchs, beginning in 2008.
In 2010-11, he scored 28 goals – a personal best in his professional career – for the Monarchs.
Holloway has spent the last two seasons with Skelleftea HC in the Swedish Elite League. This past season, he scored 20 goals and had 71 points in 55 games.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)