Jun 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
It isn’t that long ago, a little over two years, since the Boston Bruins last played a home game in the Stanley Cup Final.
In 2011, the Bruins beat up the Vancouver Canucks on three different occasions at TD Garden, on their way to a Stanley Cup championship.
It was in Boston where that series changed. The Canucks took the first two games on their home ice and looked to be destined for the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup.
But Bruins came back in dominating fashion to win four of the next five games, including those three games in Boston.
And that buzz around the city and inside the rink isn’t at all forgotten, as the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks get set for Game 3 of the 2013 final round series on Monday.
The series is currently tied 1-1, and the next two games in Boston could once again prove the swing point, as it did in 2011.
Fond memories of the past for Bruins’ defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“I think the excitement in the rink. It’s been a long time since that same finals,” he told reporters on Sunday.
“Everyone was excited, and I know we were excited to be back home. It was a tough situation being down two games. We knew the importance of coming back strong at home. We’re looking forward to that experience again, of playing at home.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)