Jun 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
It isn’t that long ago, a little over two years, since the Boston Bruins last played a home game in the Stanley Cup Final.
In 2011, the Bruins beat up the Vancouver Canucks on three different occasions at TD Garden, on their way to a Stanley Cup championship.
It was in Boston where that series changed. The Canucks took the first two games on their home ice and looked to be destined for the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup.
But Bruins came back in dominating fashion to win four of the next five games, including those three games in Boston.
And that buzz around the city and inside the rink isn’t at all forgotten, as the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks get set for Game 3 of the 2013 final round series on Monday.
The series is currently tied 1-1, and the next two games in Boston could once again prove the swing point, as it did in 2011.
Fond memories of the past for Bruins’ defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“I think the excitement in the rink. It’s been a long time since that same finals,” he told reporters on Sunday.
“Everyone was excited, and I know we were excited to be back home. It was a tough situation being down two games. We knew the importance of coming back strong at home. We’re looking forward to that experience again, of playing at home.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)