Jun 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
It isn’t that long ago, a little over two years, since the Boston Bruins last played a home game in the Stanley Cup Final.
In 2011, the Bruins beat up the Vancouver Canucks on three different occasions at TD Garden, on their way to a Stanley Cup championship.
It was in Boston where that series changed. The Canucks took the first two games on their home ice and looked to be destined for the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup.
But Bruins came back in dominating fashion to win four of the next five games, including those three games in Boston.
And that buzz around the city and inside the rink isn’t at all forgotten, as the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks get set for Game 3 of the 2013 final round series on Monday.
The series is currently tied 1-1, and the next two games in Boston could once again prove the swing point, as it did in 2011.
Fond memories of the past for Bruins’ defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“I think the excitement in the rink. It’s been a long time since that same finals,” he told reporters on Sunday.
“Everyone was excited, and I know we were excited to be back home. It was a tough situation being down two games. We knew the importance of coming back strong at home. We’re looking forward to that experience again, of playing at home.”
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)