Jun 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
It isn’t that long ago, a little over two years, since the Boston Bruins last played a home game in the Stanley Cup Final.
In 2011, the Bruins beat up the Vancouver Canucks on three different occasions at TD Garden, on their way to a Stanley Cup championship.
It was in Boston where that series changed. The Canucks took the first two games on their home ice and looked to be destined for the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup.
But Bruins came back in dominating fashion to win four of the next five games, including those three games in Boston.
And that buzz around the city and inside the rink isn’t at all forgotten, as the Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks get set for Game 3 of the 2013 final round series on Monday.
The series is currently tied 1-1, and the next two games in Boston could once again prove the swing point, as it did in 2011.
Fond memories of the past for Bruins’ defenseman Adam McQuaid.
“I think the excitement in the rink. It’s been a long time since that same finals,” he told reporters on Sunday.
“Everyone was excited, and I know we were excited to be back home. It was a tough situation being down two games. We knew the importance of coming back strong at home. We’re looking forward to that experience again, of playing at home.”
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)