Jun 16, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Now that Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky is a Vezina Trophy winner, the game really begins to get him signed.
Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson knows all about the KHL’s desire to sign Bobrovsky but believes he’ll be able to keep him Columbus. Michael Arace of The Columbus Dispatch shares.
“We’ll look at all the different options — short-term, long-term, arbitration … who knows?” Davidson said. “We think we’ll get him signed.”
During the NHL Awards press conference, Bobrovsky was asked about where negotiations were. He wasn’t exactly in the mood to discuss the business side of hockey.
“Right now is the moment to celebrate, and later we will sit down with my agent and think about our next steps,” he said.
Ominously, when asked about if there’s a chance he could sign to play in the KHL he said, “We’ll see.”
Columbus wasn’t planning on looking for goaltending help this summer but they may have to make room for Plan B.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)