Jun 16, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
Now that Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky is a Vezina Trophy winner, the game really begins to get him signed.
Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson knows all about the KHL’s desire to sign Bobrovsky but believes he’ll be able to keep him Columbus. Michael Arace of The Columbus Dispatch shares.
“We’ll look at all the different options — short-term, long-term, arbitration … who knows?” Davidson said. “We think we’ll get him signed.”
During the NHL Awards press conference, Bobrovsky was asked about where negotiations were. He wasn’t exactly in the mood to discuss the business side of hockey.
“Right now is the moment to celebrate, and later we will sit down with my agent and think about our next steps,” he said.
Ominously, when asked about if there’s a chance he could sign to play in the KHL he said, “We’ll see.”
Columbus wasn’t planning on looking for goaltending help this summer but they may have to make room for Plan B.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)