Jun 16, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins have done reasonably well in these playoffs when scoring first. But, not so much in the Stanley Cup Final.
They’re a combined 0-2 in this championship series when scoring the first goal.
And this was a topic of discussion as the two teams had a day off in the final which shifts back to Boston for Games 3 and 4.
“Yeah, I don’t want to say ‘unusual.’ You don’t want to change your game or approach if you get scored on first,” said Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville.
“You love the lead. We liked the way we were playing yesterday. 1-0 at the end of the first period, I’m sure they felt that was a moral victory for them. Still thought we went into the second period the right way.
“Might be an unusual stat, but there’s nothing wrong with scoring first.”
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)