Jun 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have yet to win a Game 3 in these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sure, they’ve managed to overcome this on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. This is a little different, in terms of stakes.
The Blackhawks and Boston Bruins are tied 1-1 in the best-of-seven series, as this series moves to Boston for the next two games. Game 3 goes Monday at TD Garden.
It could be the turning point of the final, and the Blackhawks might want to shed their current troubles when it comes to winning the third game of a series.
“Yeah, I knew that stat coming in. I think when you’re at home the first two games, sometimes you get a little bit too comfortable
at home,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told reporters on Sunday.
“Then you come on the road, maybe it’s like a rude awakening when you come and play on the road. We’ve had three series to figure that out, learn it. It was a huge Game 4 against L.A. to come back and win that one.
“We definitely want to be better tomorrow, especially in the first game on the road.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)