Jun 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks have yet to win a Game 3 in these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sure, they’ve managed to overcome this on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. This is a little different, in terms of stakes.
The Blackhawks and Boston Bruins are tied 1-1 in the best-of-seven series, as this series moves to Boston for the next two games. Game 3 goes Monday at TD Garden.
It could be the turning point of the final, and the Blackhawks might want to shed their current troubles when it comes to winning the third game of a series.
“Yeah, I knew that stat coming in. I think when you’re at home the first two games, sometimes you get a little bit too comfortable
at home,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told reporters on Sunday.
“Then you come on the road, maybe it’s like a rude awakening when you come and play on the road. We’ve had three series to figure that out, learn it. It was a huge Game 4 against L.A. to come back and win that one.
“We definitely want to be better tomorrow, especially in the first game on the road.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)