Jun 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have yet to win a Game 3 in these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sure, they’ve managed to overcome this on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. This is a little different, in terms of stakes.
The Blackhawks and Boston Bruins are tied 1-1 in the best-of-seven series, as this series moves to Boston for the next two games. Game 3 goes Monday at TD Garden.
It could be the turning point of the final, and the Blackhawks might want to shed their current troubles when it comes to winning the third game of a series.
“Yeah, I knew that stat coming in. I think when you’re at home the first two games, sometimes you get a little bit too comfortable
at home,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told reporters on Sunday.
“Then you come on the road, maybe it’s like a rude awakening when you come and play on the road. We’ve had three series to figure that out, learn it. It was a huge Game 4 against L.A. to come back and win that one.
“We definitely want to be better tomorrow, especially in the first game on the road.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21