Jun 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have yet to win a Game 3 in these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sure, they’ve managed to overcome this on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. This is a little different, in terms of stakes.
The Blackhawks and Boston Bruins are tied 1-1 in the best-of-seven series, as this series moves to Boston for the next two games. Game 3 goes Monday at TD Garden.
It could be the turning point of the final, and the Blackhawks might want to shed their current troubles when it comes to winning the third game of a series.
“Yeah, I knew that stat coming in. I think when you’re at home the first two games, sometimes you get a little bit too comfortable
at home,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told reporters on Sunday.
“Then you come on the road, maybe it’s like a rude awakening when you come and play on the road. We’ve had three series to figure that out, learn it. It was a huge Game 4 against L.A. to come back and win that one.
“We definitely want to be better tomorrow, especially in the first game on the road.”
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 0
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 0
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 27
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 97
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36