Jun 16, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have yet to win a Game 3 in these Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sure, they’ve managed to overcome this on their way to the Stanley Cup Final. This is a little different, in terms of stakes.
The Blackhawks and Boston Bruins are tied 1-1 in the best-of-seven series, as this series moves to Boston for the next two games. Game 3 goes Monday at TD Garden.
It could be the turning point of the final, and the Blackhawks might want to shed their current troubles when it comes to winning the third game of a series.
“Yeah, I knew that stat coming in. I think when you’re at home the first two games, sometimes you get a little bit too comfortable
at home,” Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane told reporters on Sunday.
“Then you come on the road, maybe it’s like a rude awakening when you come and play on the road. We’ve had three series to figure that out, learn it. It was a huge Game 4 against L.A. to come back and win that one.
“We definitely want to be better tomorrow, especially in the first game on the road.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)