Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 AM EDT
ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reported on TSN’s Insider Trading that the Kings and GM Dean Lombardi have reached out to 10 teams about their 24 year-old backup goaltender to get an idea what the market is. Bernier is still a highly regarded young goalie and with Jonathan Quick locked in as the Kings starter for a long time with his huge contract, it’s only logical that the Kings move him to help themselves in other areas.
What teams are interested? Take a look around the league at those who might be in the market for a young starting goalie to build around. Teams like Calgary or the Islanders jump to mind right away as possibilities as they have immediate needs.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34