Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 AM EST
ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reported on TSN’s Insider Trading that the Kings and GM Dean Lombardi have reached out to 10 teams about their 24 year-old backup goaltender to get an idea what the market is. Bernier is still a highly regarded young goalie and with Jonathan Quick locked in as the Kings starter for a long time with his huge contract, it’s only logical that the Kings move him to help themselves in other areas.
What teams are interested? Take a look around the league at those who might be in the market for a young starting goalie to build around. Teams like Calgary or the Islanders jump to mind right away as possibilities as they have immediate needs.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4