Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 AM EST
ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun reported on TSN’s Insider Trading that the Kings and GM Dean Lombardi have reached out to 10 teams about their 24 year-old backup goaltender to get an idea what the market is. Bernier is still a highly regarded young goalie and with Jonathan Quick locked in as the Kings starter for a long time with his huge contract, it’s only logical that the Kings move him to help themselves in other areas.
What teams are interested? Take a look around the league at those who might be in the market for a young starting goalie to build around. Teams like Calgary or the Islanders jump to mind right away as possibilities as they have immediate needs.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7