Jun 15, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
Daniel Cleary could be on his way to unrestricted free agency this summer, his five-year, $14 million contract set to expire.
But, as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports, talks between Cleary and the Red Wings are expected to “heat up in the coming days.”
Cleary turns 35 years of age in December, and is coming off a solid performance for the Red Wings in these playoffs.
In 14 games, he had four goals and 10 points – making it his best offensive post-season since 2009.
His production this spring was made more impressive by the fact Cleary was said to be playing this post-season with a second-degree shoulder separation, as well as a fractured finger.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)