Jun 15, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
Daniel Cleary could be on his way to unrestricted free agency this summer, his five-year, $14 million contract set to expire.
But, as Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports, talks between Cleary and the Red Wings are expected to “heat up in the coming days.”
Cleary turns 35 years of age in December, and is coming off a solid performance for the Red Wings in these playoffs.
In 14 games, he had four goals and 10 points – making it his best offensive post-season since 2009.
His production this spring was made more impressive by the fact Cleary was said to be playing this post-season with a second-degree shoulder separation, as well as a fractured finger.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 42
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)