Jun 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Our day wouldn’t be complete without at least one story of a KHL defection.
Igor Eronko or sports.ru reports Penguins defenseman Dylan Reese has signed a one-year contract with Amur Khabarovsk in the Russian league.
Reese played in just three games with the Pens this season while spending most of it in the AHL with Wilkes Barre-Scranton. He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
Reese has played 77 games in the NHL over four seasons, three with the New York Islanders. He signed a one-year deal with the Penguins before this season.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)