Jun 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Our day wouldn’t be complete without at least one story of a KHL defection.
Igor Eronko or sports.ru reports Penguins defenseman Dylan Reese has signed a one-year contract with Amur Khabarovsk in the Russian league.
Reese played in just three games with the Pens this season while spending most of it in the AHL with Wilkes Barre-Scranton. He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
Reese has played 77 games in the NHL over four seasons, three with the New York Islanders. He signed a one-year deal with the Penguins before this season.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)