Jun 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Our day wouldn’t be complete without at least one story of a KHL defection.
Igor Eronko or sports.ru reports Penguins defenseman Dylan Reese has signed a one-year contract with Amur Khabarovsk in the Russian league.
Reese played in just three games with the Pens this season while spending most of it in the AHL with Wilkes Barre-Scranton. He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
Reese has played 77 games in the NHL over four seasons, three with the New York Islanders. He signed a one-year deal with the Penguins before this season.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)