Jun 15, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Our day wouldn’t be complete without at least one story of a KHL defection.
Igor Eronko or sports.ru reports Penguins defenseman Dylan Reese has signed a one-year contract with Amur Khabarovsk in the Russian league.
Reese played in just three games with the Pens this season while spending most of it in the AHL with Wilkes Barre-Scranton. He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5.
Reese has played 77 games in the NHL over four seasons, three with the New York Islanders. He signed a one-year deal with the Penguins before this season.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)