Jun 15, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks stormed out of the gate in the first period of Game 2, but only managed a 1-0 lead. The Boston Bruins’ supporting cast managed to carve out two goals, with Daniel Paille scoring in the first OT to give the B’s a 2-1 win.
The series is now tied 1-1, so let’s discuss this fourth-round feud.
- The team that manages to win Game 2 of a Stanley Cup Final has won the Cup in eight of the last 10 seasons and 75.3 percent of the time since it shifted to a best-of-seven series in 1939. So … yeah, this was a big win.
- Boy, did the two teams look tired in the third period and beyond, or what? How large of a factor might fatigue be? Which team could have the advantage in that category?
- So, with two straight OT games, how many periods do you think this series will accrue in the end?
- Speaking of OT, 26 postseason contests have entered “extra innings” in 2013.
- Which goalie is having a better series so far: Tuukka Rask or Corey Crawford?
- The Blackhawks were a strong road team in the regular season and have managed to carry that over pretty well into the postseason. Can they steal a game or two in Boston?
- How do you feel about the officiating in this contest and the series so far?
- Do you expect this to be a long series? Who’s the favorite in your mind now?
- Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates 0
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 18
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 26
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)