Jun 15, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks stormed out of the gate in the first period of Game 2, but only managed a 1-0 lead. The Boston Bruins’ supporting cast managed to carve out two goals, with Daniel Paille scoring in the first OT to give the B’s a 2-1 win.
The series is now tied 1-1, so let’s discuss this fourth-round feud.
- The team that manages to win Game 2 of a Stanley Cup Final has won the Cup in eight of the last 10 seasons and 75.3 percent of the time since it shifted to a best-of-seven series in 1939. So … yeah, this was a big win.
- Boy, did the two teams look tired in the third period and beyond, or what? How large of a factor might fatigue be? Which team could have the advantage in that category?
- So, with two straight OT games, how many periods do you think this series will accrue in the end?
- Speaking of OT, 26 postseason contests have entered “extra innings” in 2013.
- Which goalie is having a better series so far: Tuukka Rask or Corey Crawford?
- The Blackhawks were a strong road team in the regular season and have managed to carry that over pretty well into the postseason. Can they steal a game or two in Boston?
- How do you feel about the officiating in this contest and the series so far?
- Do you expect this to be a long series? Who’s the favorite in your mind now?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)