Jun 14, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Brennan was only just traded to the Panthers from Buffalo in March. Demonstrating the offensive flair that made him the Sabres’ 31st overall pick in 2007, he had nine points in 19 games for Florida.
In Butler, the Panthers get a 26-year-old winger that had three goals and six assists in 20 games for the Predators in 2013. Butler is a pending restricted free agent, and apparently talks with Nashville weren’t progressing. Hence, the trade.
Brennan is also a restricted free agent.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)