Jun 14, 2013, 3:48 PM EST
Brennan was only just traded to the Panthers from Buffalo in March. Demonstrating the offensive flair that made him the Sabres’ 31st overall pick in 2007, he had nine points in 19 games for Florida.
In Butler, the Panthers get a 26-year-old winger that had three goals and six assists in 20 games for the Predators in 2013. Butler is a pending restricted free agent, and apparently talks with Nashville weren’t progressing. Hence, the trade.
Brennan is also a restricted free agent.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)