Jun 14, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Brennan was only just traded to the Panthers from Buffalo in March. Demonstrating the offensive flair that made him the Sabres’ 31st overall pick in 2007, he had nine points in 19 games for Florida.
In Butler, the Panthers get a 26-year-old winger that had three goals and six assists in 20 games for the Predators in 2013. Butler is a pending restricted free agent, and apparently talks with Nashville weren’t progressing. Hence, the trade.
Brennan is also a restricted free agent.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)