Jun 14, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Brennan was only just traded to the Panthers from Buffalo in March. Demonstrating the offensive flair that made him the Sabres’ 31st overall pick in 2007, he had nine points in 19 games for Florida.
In Butler, the Panthers get a 26-year-old winger that had three goals and six assists in 20 games for the Predators in 2013. Butler is a pending restricted free agent, and apparently talks with Nashville weren’t progressing. Hence, the trade.
Brennan is also a restricted free agent.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 1
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)