Jun 14, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Brennan was only just traded to the Panthers from Buffalo in March. Demonstrating the offensive flair that made him the Sabres’ 31st overall pick in 2007, he had nine points in 19 games for Florida.
In Butler, the Panthers get a 26-year-old winger that had three goals and six assists in 20 games for the Predators in 2013. Butler is a pending restricted free agent, and apparently talks with Nashville weren’t progressing. Hence, the trade.
Brennan is also a restricted free agent.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18