Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Miller was a pending unrestricted free agent who had four goals and four assists in 44 games this season while averaging close to 14 minutes per contest, including considerable time on the penalty kill.
The 29-year-old broke his hand late in the season, but returned for Game 2 of the Chicago series and proceeded to score two points in six games — including the game-winning goal in Game 3.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will be glad to hear Miller re-signed.
“I’m a huge fan of Millsie,” Babcock told MLive.com. “Millsie’s an important part of this team. When he was out, we missed him.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)