Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Miller was a pending unrestricted free agent who had four goals and four assists in 44 games this season while averaging close to 14 minutes per contest, including considerable time on the penalty kill.
The 29-year-old broke his hand late in the season, but returned for Game 2 of the Chicago series and proceeded to score two points in six games — including the game-winning goal in Game 3.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will be glad to hear Miller re-signed.
“I’m a huge fan of Millsie,” Babcock told MLive.com. “Millsie’s an important part of this team. When he was out, we missed him.”
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10