Jun 14, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators bench boss Paul MacLean has won the Jack Adams Award as the NHL’s best coach for 2013, beating out Anaheim’s Bruce Boudreau and Chicago’s Joel Quenneville.
MacLean, who was named a finalist for the 2012 award and finished third in voting, captured the ’13 edition by leading an Ottawa team ravaged by injury (Erik Karlsson, Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek and Craig Anderson all missed significant time) to the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.
A remarkable 14 rookies made at least one appearance for the Sens in 2013.
With the win, MacLean becomes just the second coach in Senators history to capture the award. Jacques Martin won it in 1998-99.
2012-2013 Jack Adams Award Voting
Paul MacLean, OTT 206 (28-19-9)
Joel Quenneville, CHI 160 (22-13-11)
Bruce Boudreau, ANA 88 (6-15-13)
Michel Therrien, MTL 78 (10-6-10)
Jack Capuano, NYI 47 (5-5-7)
Dan Bylsma, PIT 40 (4-4-8)
Randy Carlyle, TOR 40 (3-5-10)
Adam Oates, WSH 40 (2-8-6)
Todd Richards, CBJ 37 (3-5-7)
Mike Babcock, DET 7 (0-2-1)
Todd McLellan, S.J. 3 (0-1-0)
Darryl Sutter, L.A. 1 (0-0-1)
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)