Jun 14, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators bench boss Paul MacLean has won the Jack Adams Award as the NHL’s best coach for 2013, beating out Anaheim’s Bruce Boudreau and Chicago’s Joel Quenneville.
MacLean, who was named a finalist for the 2012 award and finished third in voting, captured the ’13 edition by leading an Ottawa team ravaged by injury (Erik Karlsson, Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek and Craig Anderson all missed significant time) to the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.
A remarkable 14 rookies made at least one appearance for the Sens in 2013.
With the win, MacLean becomes just the second coach in Senators history to capture the award. Jacques Martin won it in 1998-99.
2012-2013 Jack Adams Award Voting
Paul MacLean, OTT 206 (28-19-9)
Joel Quenneville, CHI 160 (22-13-11)
Bruce Boudreau, ANA 88 (6-15-13)
Michel Therrien, MTL 78 (10-6-10)
Jack Capuano, NYI 47 (5-5-7)
Dan Bylsma, PIT 40 (4-4-8)
Randy Carlyle, TOR 40 (3-5-10)
Adam Oates, WSH 40 (2-8-6)
Todd Richards, CBJ 37 (3-5-7)
Mike Babcock, DET 7 (0-2-1)
Todd McLellan, S.J. 3 (0-1-0)
Darryl Sutter, L.A. 1 (0-0-1)
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)