Jun 14, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators bench boss Paul MacLean has won the Jack Adams Award as the NHL’s best coach for 2013, beating out Anaheim’s Bruce Boudreau and Chicago’s Joel Quenneville.
MacLean, who was named a finalist for the 2012 award and finished third in voting, captured the ’13 edition by leading an Ottawa team ravaged by injury (Erik Karlsson, Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek and Craig Anderson all missed significant time) to the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.
A remarkable 14 rookies made at least one appearance for the Sens in 2013.
With the win, MacLean becomes just the second coach in Senators history to capture the award. Jacques Martin won it in 1998-99.
2012-2013 Jack Adams Award Voting
Paul MacLean, OTT 206 (28-19-9)
Joel Quenneville, CHI 160 (22-13-11)
Bruce Boudreau, ANA 88 (6-15-13)
Michel Therrien, MTL 78 (10-6-10)
Jack Capuano, NYI 47 (5-5-7)
Dan Bylsma, PIT 40 (4-4-8)
Randy Carlyle, TOR 40 (3-5-10)
Adam Oates, WSH 40 (2-8-6)
Todd Richards, CBJ 37 (3-5-7)
Mike Babcock, DET 7 (0-2-1)
Todd McLellan, S.J. 3 (0-1-0)
Darryl Sutter, L.A. 1 (0-0-1)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)