Jun 14, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
After leaving Game 1 with a suspected shoulder injury, Nathan Horton was back at practice on Friday — though he didn’t talk to reporters afterward.
That was left to linemate David Krejci.
“[Horton] looked great,” Krejci told reporters, as per TSN’s Farhan Lalji. “I’m pretty sure he’s going to play tomorrow.”
Horton was injured after pushing Niklas Hjalmarsson while the B’s were on the power play during the first overtime session. While it seemed a harmless looking play, Horton was visibly in pain and immediately left the ice.
On Thursday, a report surfaced that Horton aggravated a shoulder issue that stemmed back to his days in Florida.
Bruins head coach Claude Julien didn’t offer a status update on Horton, but did leave reporters with a fairly definitive statement.
“If he feels good tomorrow, he’s in the lineup,” Julien said. “It’s as simple as that.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 23
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 108
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 78
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (110)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)