Jun 14, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
After leaving Game 1 with a suspected shoulder injury, Nathan Horton was back at practice on Friday — though he didn’t talk to reporters afterward.
That was left to linemate David Krejci.
“[Horton] looked great,” Krejci told reporters, as per TSN’s Farhan Lalji. “I’m pretty sure he’s going to play tomorrow.”
Horton was injured after pushing Niklas Hjalmarsson while the B’s were on the power play during the first overtime session. While it seemed a harmless looking play, Horton was visibly in pain and immediately left the ice.
On Thursday, a report surfaced that Horton aggravated a shoulder issue that stemmed back to his days in Florida.
Bruins head coach Claude Julien didn’t offer a status update on Horton, but did leave reporters with a fairly definitive statement.
“If he feels good tomorrow, he’s in the lineup,” Julien said. “It’s as simple as that.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17