Jun 14, 2013, 8:04 AM EST
Jordan Caron will probably be inserted into the lineup if Horton’s out, but Caron won’t be the one that takes Horton’s top line spot. That assignment will likely go to Tyler Seguin.
Seguin skated alongside Milan Lucic and David Krejci after Horton left Game 1 in the dying minutes of the first overtime period. In terms of skill, Seguin isn’t out of place on the first line, but he hasn’t been producing lately. The 21-year-old forward has just one goal and five points in 17 postseason contests.
“He’s been skating well. To me right now, the only thing he needs to do is to be able to finish. If he can finish, it will certainly help his confidence, help our hockey club,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England. “But [I’m] not criticizing his work ethic because he’s competing hard and he’s got some chances.
“Those things are certainly a positive thing. So there’s only one thing left to do, and you hope for his sake and our sake that [the offense] comes along.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)