Jun 14, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
Jordan Caron will probably be inserted into the lineup if Horton’s out, but Caron won’t be the one that takes Horton’s top line spot. That assignment will likely go to Tyler Seguin.
Seguin skated alongside Milan Lucic and David Krejci after Horton left Game 1 in the dying minutes of the first overtime period. In terms of skill, Seguin isn’t out of place on the first line, but he hasn’t been producing lately. The 21-year-old forward has just one goal and five points in 17 postseason contests.
“He’s been skating well. To me right now, the only thing he needs to do is to be able to finish. If he can finish, it will certainly help his confidence, help our hockey club,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England. “But [I’m] not criticizing his work ethic because he’s competing hard and he’s got some chances.
“Those things are certainly a positive thing. So there’s only one thing left to do, and you hope for his sake and our sake that [the offense] comes along.”
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)