Jun 14, 2013, 8:04 AM EDT
Jordan Caron will probably be inserted into the lineup if Horton’s out, but Caron won’t be the one that takes Horton’s top line spot. That assignment will likely go to Tyler Seguin.
Seguin skated alongside Milan Lucic and David Krejci after Horton left Game 1 in the dying minutes of the first overtime period. In terms of skill, Seguin isn’t out of place on the first line, but he hasn’t been producing lately. The 21-year-old forward has just one goal and five points in 17 postseason contests.
“He’s been skating well. To me right now, the only thing he needs to do is to be able to finish. If he can finish, it will certainly help his confidence, help our hockey club,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England. “But [I’m] not criticizing his work ethic because he’s competing hard and he’s got some chances.
“Those things are certainly a positive thing. So there’s only one thing left to do, and you hope for his sake and our sake that [the offense] comes along.”
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)