Jun 14, 2013, 8:04 AM EST
Jordan Caron will probably be inserted into the lineup if Horton’s out, but Caron won’t be the one that takes Horton’s top line spot. That assignment will likely go to Tyler Seguin.
Seguin skated alongside Milan Lucic and David Krejci after Horton left Game 1 in the dying minutes of the first overtime period. In terms of skill, Seguin isn’t out of place on the first line, but he hasn’t been producing lately. The 21-year-old forward has just one goal and five points in 17 postseason contests.
“He’s been skating well. To me right now, the only thing he needs to do is to be able to finish. If he can finish, it will certainly help his confidence, help our hockey club,” Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England. “But [I’m] not criticizing his work ethic because he’s competing hard and he’s got some chances.
“Those things are certainly a positive thing. So there’s only one thing left to do, and you hope for his sake and our sake that [the offense] comes along.”
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)