Jun 13, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw already made an impact by eating some of Zdeno Chara‘s punches – including a blow that drew a minor penalty – and generally getting under his skin. His biggest impact came in the wee hours of Wednesday night/Thursday morning, however, as he deflected a puck into the net for the 4-3 winner in triple OT:
Do you think Dave Bolland is a little jealous?
After Game 1, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville gushed about the 21-year-old’s big-time production.
“The bigger the stage, the bigger the challenge, [Shawzy] rises to the challenge,” Quenneville said. “He’s relentless.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 8
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 36
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10