Jun 13, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw already made an impact by eating some of Zdeno Chara‘s punches – including a blow that drew a minor penalty – and generally getting under his skin. His biggest impact came in the wee hours of Wednesday night/Thursday morning, however, as he deflected a puck into the net for the 4-3 winner in triple OT:
Do you think Dave Bolland is a little jealous?
After Game 1, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville gushed about the 21-year-old’s big-time production.
“The bigger the stage, the bigger the challenge, [Shawzy] rises to the challenge,” Quenneville said. “He’s relentless.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32