Jun 13, 2013, 1:15 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw already made an impact by eating some of Zdeno Chara‘s punches – including a blow that drew a minor penalty – and generally getting under his skin. His biggest impact came in the wee hours of Wednesday night/Thursday morning, however, as he deflected a puck into the net for the 4-3 winner in triple OT:
Do you think Dave Bolland is a little jealous?
After Game 1, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville gushed about the 21-year-old’s big-time production.
“The bigger the stage, the bigger the challenge, [Shawzy] rises to the challenge,” Quenneville said. “He’s relentless.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17