Jun 13, 2013, 2:21 AM EDT
Boston Bruins’ goalie Tuukka Rask didn’t hold back.
Following a highly emotional night, Rask let it be known exactly how he felt about a Torey Krug turnover that led to the Dave Bolland goal at the eight-minute mark of the third period that began the Chicago Blackhawks’ comeback, on their way to a 4-3 triple overtime victory in Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final.
According to a tweet from Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com, Rask called it a “terrible turnover” that led to the Bolland goal.
Krug had become something of a media darling in these playoffs. He stands only 5’9″ and had all of three NHL regular season games under his belt prior to the post-season.
He also became the first ever defenseman to score four goals in his first five playoff games, a feat he accomplished in the second round against the New York Rangers.
But Krug struggled against the Blackhawks, and was a minus-two in 19:36 of ice time in his first ever Stanley Cup Final game.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)