Jun 13, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have signed defenseman Davis Drewiske to a two-year contract extension, the club announced on Thursday.
“We are happy to have come to an agreement with Davis on a two-year contract,” GM Marc Bergevin said in a statement. “He brings experience and most importantly depth to our group of defensemen.”
According to La Presse, the deal is for $1.275 million, with $625,000 coming in year one and $650,000 in year two. Drewiske also gets a one-way deal.
Drewiske, 28, came to Montreal from Los Angeles last season at the trade deadline and was promptly thrown into action when Alexei Emelin went down with a season-ending knee injury.
The former King appeared in nine games with the Habs, scoring 1G-2A while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
It’ll be interesting to see where Drewiske fits on a loaded Montreal blueline.
With the move, the club now has nine defensemen under contract for next season: Andrei Markov, P.K. Subban, Josh Gorges, Tomas Kaberle, Francis Bouillon, Raphael Diaz, Jarred Tinordi, Drewiske and Emelin.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)