Jun 13, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have signed defenseman Davis Drewiske to a two-year contract extension, the club announced on Thursday.
“We are happy to have come to an agreement with Davis on a two-year contract,” GM Marc Bergevin said in a statement. “He brings experience and most importantly depth to our group of defensemen.”
According to La Presse, the deal is for $1.275 million, with $625,000 coming in year one and $650,000 in year two. Drewiske also gets a one-way deal.
Drewiske, 28, came to Montreal from Los Angeles last season at the trade deadline and was promptly thrown into action when Alexei Emelin went down with a season-ending knee injury.
The former King appeared in nine games with the Habs, scoring 1G-2A while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
It’ll be interesting to see where Drewiske fits on a loaded Montreal blueline.
With the move, the club now has nine defensemen under contract for next season: Andrei Markov, P.K. Subban, Josh Gorges, Tomas Kaberle, Francis Bouillon, Raphael Diaz, Jarred Tinordi, Drewiske and Emelin.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)