Jun 13, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
If you’re a Leafs fan and you were worried the team wouldn’t be able to throw punches again next season, your fears have been put to rest.
The team announced they’ve re-signed enforcer Colton Orr to a two-year extension. This deal comes on the heels of a previous four-year deal that was about to expire. TSN’s Bob McKenzie says the contract is worth $925,000 per year, $1.85 million total.
Orr, 31, had one goal and three assists to go along with his NHL-leading 155 penalty minutes in just 44 games. Those penalty numbers are amazing as he averaged just 6:23 of ice time per game. He’ll be either duking it out on the fourth line or studying from the press box the next two seasons.
With the host of talent the Leafs have in the AHL eager to get a shot, he’ll have competition once camp starts in September.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)