Jun 13, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
If you’re a Leafs fan and you were worried the team wouldn’t be able to throw punches again next season, your fears have been put to rest.
The team announced they’ve re-signed enforcer Colton Orr to a two-year extension. This deal comes on the heels of a previous four-year deal that was about to expire. TSN’s Bob McKenzie says the contract is worth $925,000 per year, $1.85 million total.
Orr, 31, had one goal and three assists to go along with his NHL-leading 155 penalty minutes in just 44 games. Those penalty numbers are amazing as he averaged just 6:23 of ice time per game. He’ll be either duking it out on the fourth line or studying from the press box the next two seasons.
With the host of talent the Leafs have in the AHL eager to get a shot, he’ll have competition once camp starts in September.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)