Jun 13, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
If you’re a Leafs fan and you were worried the team wouldn’t be able to throw punches again next season, your fears have been put to rest.
The team announced they’ve re-signed enforcer Colton Orr to a two-year extension. This deal comes on the heels of a previous four-year deal that was about to expire. TSN’s Bob McKenzie says the contract is worth $925,000 per year, $1.85 million total.
Orr, 31, had one goal and three assists to go along with his NHL-leading 155 penalty minutes in just 44 games. Those penalty numbers are amazing as he averaged just 6:23 of ice time per game. He’ll be either duking it out on the fourth line or studying from the press box the next two seasons.
With the host of talent the Leafs have in the AHL eager to get a shot, he’ll have competition once camp starts in September.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5