Jun 13, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Boston could have a big problem in the Stanley Cup Final.
Bruins coach Claude Julien says forward Nathan Horton is day-to-day with a suspected arm or shoulder injury suffered late in last night’s Game 1.
Horton was injured in the closing minutes of the first overtime last night and did not return to action. He’s been teamed up on a line with his usual mates in David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Tyler Seguin took his spot on that line after leaving the game.
If Horton can’t go in Game 2, Seguin will need to break out of his playoffs-long funk in order to help the Bruins even-up the series. With Gregory Campbell out and now possibly Horton, Julien has some big decisions awaiting him on how to replace his top right winger.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)