Jun 13, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Boston could have a big problem in the Stanley Cup Final.
Bruins coach Claude Julien says forward Nathan Horton is day-to-day with a suspected arm or shoulder injury suffered late in last night’s Game 1.
Horton was injured in the closing minutes of the first overtime last night and did not return to action. He’s been teamed up on a line with his usual mates in David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Tyler Seguin took his spot on that line after leaving the game.
If Horton can’t go in Game 2, Seguin will need to break out of his playoffs-long funk in order to help the Bruins even-up the series. With Gregory Campbell out and now possibly Horton, Julien has some big decisions awaiting him on how to replace his top right winger.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 12
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 52
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)