Jun 13, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Boston could have a big problem in the Stanley Cup Final.
Bruins coach Claude Julien says forward Nathan Horton is day-to-day with a suspected arm or shoulder injury suffered late in last night’s Game 1.
Horton was injured in the closing minutes of the first overtime last night and did not return to action. He’s been teamed up on a line with his usual mates in David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Tyler Seguin took his spot on that line after leaving the game.
If Horton can’t go in Game 2, Seguin will need to break out of his playoffs-long funk in order to help the Bruins even-up the series. With Gregory Campbell out and now possibly Horton, Julien has some big decisions awaiting him on how to replace his top right winger.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 0
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 27
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 20
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 19
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 42
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)