Jun 13, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Krug faced the music at today’s off-day press conference and said if he had to do it all over again, he’d do it pretty much the same way.
“I’d probably try again in the future. I would just execute it differently,” he said. “For me, playing that way, you have to have a short-term memory. I think the best players do. I’ll quickly forget about it. I’ll learn from it.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien certainly hopes he will, but he won’t throw him under the bus for his mistake.
“It’s easy to focus in on one thing,” Julien said. “Yes, it was a mistake to throw that puck up the middle. If you look back at the play, I didn’t think we had a great line change and he didn’t have a ton of options. I think there could be some blame shared on that goal.”
If the Bruins are going to even things up in Game 2, they’ll need everyone to be sharper.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)