Jun 13, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Krug faced the music at today’s off-day press conference and said if he had to do it all over again, he’d do it pretty much the same way.
“I’d probably try again in the future. I would just execute it differently,” he said. “For me, playing that way, you have to have a short-term memory. I think the best players do. I’ll quickly forget about it. I’ll learn from it.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien certainly hopes he will, but he won’t throw him under the bus for his mistake.
“It’s easy to focus in on one thing,” Julien said. “Yes, it was a mistake to throw that puck up the middle. If you look back at the play, I didn’t think we had a great line change and he didn’t have a ton of options. I think there could be some blame shared on that goal.”
If the Bruins are going to even things up in Game 2, they’ll need everyone to be sharper.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)