Jun 13, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
Krug faced the music at today’s off-day press conference and said if he had to do it all over again, he’d do it pretty much the same way.
“I’d probably try again in the future. I would just execute it differently,” he said. “For me, playing that way, you have to have a short-term memory. I think the best players do. I’ll quickly forget about it. I’ll learn from it.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien certainly hopes he will, but he won’t throw him under the bus for his mistake.
“It’s easy to focus in on one thing,” Julien said. “Yes, it was a mistake to throw that puck up the middle. If you look back at the play, I didn’t think we had a great line change and he didn’t have a ton of options. I think there could be some blame shared on that goal.”
If the Bruins are going to even things up in Game 2, they’ll need everyone to be sharper.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 19
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 6
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 11
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4