Jun 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The recovery period is expected to be four weeks, leaving more than enough time to be ready for training camp.
Del Zotto seemed to be in good spirits after the operation:
The 22-year-old had three goals and 18 assists in 41 games this season. His 21-point total was tops among Ranger d-men; however, he had just two points in 12 postseason games, in large part due to the struggles of the power play.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10