Jun 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The recovery period is expected to be four weeks, leaving more than enough time to be ready for training camp.
Del Zotto seemed to be in good spirits after the operation:
The 22-year-old had three goals and 18 assists in 41 games this season. His 21-point total was tops among Ranger d-men; however, he had just two points in 12 postseason games, in large part due to the struggles of the power play.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5