Jun 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The recovery period is expected to be four weeks, leaving more than enough time to be ready for training camp.
Del Zotto seemed to be in good spirits after the operation:
The 22-year-old had three goals and 18 assists in 41 games this season. His 21-point total was tops among Ranger d-men; however, he had just two points in 12 postseason games, in large part due to the struggles of the power play.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 7
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28