Jun 13, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The recovery period is expected to be four weeks, leaving more than enough time to be ready for training camp.
Del Zotto seemed to be in good spirits after the operation:
The 22-year-old had three goals and 18 assists in 41 games this season. His 21-point total was tops among Ranger d-men; however, he had just two points in 12 postseason games, in large part due to the struggles of the power play.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28