Jun 13, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have signed defenseman Kevin Connauton to a three-year deal that will keep him in Texas until 2016.
Connauton, 23, will spent 2013-14 on a two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $100,000 in the AHL. The final two years of his deal are both one-way, and will pay him $650,000 in year two and $800,000 in year three.
(So, $2.05 million at the NHL level, assuming he spends all three years in Dallas.)
Acquired from Vancouver in the Derek Roy trade, Connauton split last season between AHL Chicago and Texas, leading the Stars in postseason scoring.
In 2012, he was named to the AHL All-Star Game and won the hardest shot competition at the skills competition, with a 99.4mph blast.
Connauton was originally Vancouver’s third-round pick at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, but has yet to make his NHL debut.
(Image courtesy TexasStars.com)
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)