Jun 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
While the Coyotes are trying to get things figured out to stay in the desert, they’re at least making sure the people who run the team are in place.
The team announced the re-signing of assistant GM Brad Treliving to a multi-year contract. Treliving rejoins team GM Don Maloney as the guys in charge of figuring out how to re-shape the roster this summer.
With the front office guys taken care of, the next task they can (somewhat) control is getting coach Dave Tippett re-signed as well. Of course, the big hangup in doing that seems to be the ownership situation and it still might be a couple of weeks before we hear something closer to definitive on that.
Tippett’s contract with the team expires on July 1.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)