Jun 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
While the Coyotes are trying to get things figured out to stay in the desert, they’re at least making sure the people who run the team are in place.
The team announced the re-signing of assistant GM Brad Treliving to a multi-year contract. Treliving rejoins team GM Don Maloney as the guys in charge of figuring out how to re-shape the roster this summer.
With the front office guys taken care of, the next task they can (somewhat) control is getting coach Dave Tippett re-signed as well. Of course, the big hangup in doing that seems to be the ownership situation and it still might be a couple of weeks before we hear something closer to definitive on that.
Tippett’s contract with the team expires on July 1.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)