Jun 13, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
While the Coyotes are trying to get things figured out to stay in the desert, they’re at least making sure the people who run the team are in place.
The team announced the re-signing of assistant GM Brad Treliving to a multi-year contract. Treliving rejoins team GM Don Maloney as the guys in charge of figuring out how to re-shape the roster this summer.
With the front office guys taken care of, the next task they can (somewhat) control is getting coach Dave Tippett re-signed as well. Of course, the big hangup in doing that seems to be the ownership situation and it still might be a couple of weeks before we hear something closer to definitive on that.
Tippett’s contract with the team expires on July 1.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46