Jun 13, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
The opening game of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final on NBC — which was a pretty good game — received a 4.8 household rating, up 100 percent compared to Game 1 between the Kings and Devils a year ago.
It was also the best rating for a Game 1 of the Cup final since 1997, when it was on a far less handsome network.
For those wondering about Providence and Milwaukee, the first is a short distance from Boston, the second a short distance from Chicago.
Game 2 of the series goes Saturday (8 p.m. ET) on NBC Sports Network.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)