Jun 12, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Despite the fan acrimony that was caused by the lockout, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman — who wasn’t exactly the most popular figure among fans before the league’s most recent work stoppage — will once again walk out on a red carpet this June to hand out the Stanley Cup to either the Chicago Blackhawks or Boston Bruins.
“Yes,” said Bettman today in Chicago when asked whether it would be business as usual this year.
And that’s all he said in response that question.
He was, however, extremely complimentary of NHL fans for the passion and dedication they showed in returning to rinks, as well as watching on TV, during the shortened regular season and playoffs.
He’s still going to get booed, isn’t he.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 84
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)