Jun 12, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
Despite the fan acrimony that was caused by the lockout, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman — who wasn’t exactly the most popular figure among fans before the league’s most recent work stoppage — will once again walk out on a red carpet this June to hand out the Stanley Cup to either the Chicago Blackhawks or Boston Bruins.
“Yes,” said Bettman today in Chicago when asked whether it would be business as usual this year.
And that’s all he said in response that question.
He was, however, extremely complimentary of NHL fans for the passion and dedication they showed in returning to rinks, as well as watching on TV, during the shortened regular season and playoffs.
He’s still going to get booed, isn’t he.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)