Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While there are some other great players wearing the red-white-and-blue, many believe that Patrick Kane is the “face” of this generation of American hockey.
(Inevitable joke: as long as he’s not the hair and sideburns …)
Kane came up huge by scoring a hat trick to eliminate the Los Angeles Kings in the third round, which seems like business as usual for the big-game player. Still, the 24-year-old believes that he’s matured since making big plays (and generating big controversy) in earlier in his career.
The video below captures his growing excitement regarding playing for the U.S. Olympic team and his growth in general:
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18