Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While there are some other great players wearing the red-white-and-blue, many believe that Patrick Kane is the “face” of this generation of American hockey.
(Inevitable joke: as long as he’s not the hair and sideburns …)
Kane came up huge by scoring a hat trick to eliminate the Los Angeles Kings in the third round, which seems like business as usual for the big-game player. Still, the 24-year-old believes that he’s matured since making big plays (and generating big controversy) in earlier in his career.
The video below captures his growing excitement regarding playing for the U.S. Olympic team and his growth in general:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54