Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While there are some other great players wearing the red-white-and-blue, many believe that Patrick Kane is the “face” of this generation of American hockey.
(Inevitable joke: as long as he’s not the hair and sideburns …)
Kane came up huge by scoring a hat trick to eliminate the Los Angeles Kings in the third round, which seems like business as usual for the big-game player. Still, the 24-year-old believes that he’s matured since making big plays (and generating big controversy) in earlier in his career.
The video below captures his growing excitement regarding playing for the U.S. Olympic team and his growth in general:
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33