Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While there are some other great players wearing the red-white-and-blue, many believe that Patrick Kane is the “face” of this generation of American hockey.
(Inevitable joke: as long as he’s not the hair and sideburns …)
Kane came up huge by scoring a hat trick to eliminate the Los Angeles Kings in the third round, which seems like business as usual for the big-game player. Still, the 24-year-old believes that he’s matured since making big plays (and generating big controversy) in earlier in his career.
The video below captures his growing excitement regarding playing for the U.S. Olympic team and his growth in general:
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10