Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While there are some other great players wearing the red-white-and-blue, many believe that Patrick Kane is the “face” of this generation of American hockey.
(Inevitable joke: as long as he’s not the hair and sideburns …)
Kane came up huge by scoring a hat trick to eliminate the Los Angeles Kings in the third round, which seems like business as usual for the big-game player. Still, the 24-year-old believes that he’s matured since making big plays (and generating big controversy) in earlier in his career.
The video below captures his growing excitement regarding playing for the U.S. Olympic team and his growth in general:
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 20
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 10
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1