Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Milan Lucic is having himself some kind of night for the Boston Bruins.
Lucic gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead, just 51 seconds into the second period of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks. For those counting at home, the HuLK line of Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton now has 56 points in these playoffs.
Lucic scored the first goal of this game, and the first of this year’s final series.
Hey, remember when Lucic was a healthy scratch in April, as the regular season was coming to a close? Looks like he got the message.
As per Pete Jensen, an NHL Fantasy Insider for the NHL.com, Lucic’s last multi-goal playoff game came May 6, 2011, to help the Bruins sweep the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)