Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Milan Lucic is having himself some kind of night for the Boston Bruins.
Lucic gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead, just 51 seconds into the second period of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks. For those counting at home, the HuLK line of Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton now has 56 points in these playoffs.
Lucic scored the first goal of this game, and the first of this year’s final series.
Hey, remember when Lucic was a healthy scratch in April, as the regular season was coming to a close? Looks like he got the message.
As per Pete Jensen, an NHL Fantasy Insider for the NHL.com, Lucic’s last multi-goal playoff game came May 6, 2011, to help the Bruins sweep the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)