Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Milan Lucic is having himself some kind of night for the Boston Bruins.
Lucic gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead, just 51 seconds into the second period of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks. For those counting at home, the HuLK line of Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton now has 56 points in these playoffs.
Lucic scored the first goal of this game, and the first of this year’s final series.
Hey, remember when Lucic was a healthy scratch in April, as the regular season was coming to a close? Looks like he got the message.
As per Pete Jensen, an NHL Fantasy Insider for the NHL.com, Lucic’s last multi-goal playoff game came May 6, 2011, to help the Bruins sweep the Philadelphia Flyers.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)