Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Milan Lucic is having himself some kind of night for the Boston Bruins.
Lucic gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead, just 51 seconds into the second period of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks. For those counting at home, the HuLK line of Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton now has 56 points in these playoffs.
Lucic scored the first goal of this game, and the first of this year’s final series.
Hey, remember when Lucic was a healthy scratch in April, as the regular season was coming to a close? Looks like he got the message.
As per Pete Jensen, an NHL Fantasy Insider for the NHL.com, Lucic’s last multi-goal playoff game came May 6, 2011, to help the Bruins sweep the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 30
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)