Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Milan Lucic is having himself some kind of night for the Boston Bruins.
Lucic gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead, just 51 seconds into the second period of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks. For those counting at home, the HuLK line of Lucic, David Krejci and Nathan Horton now has 56 points in these playoffs.
Lucic scored the first goal of this game, and the first of this year’s final series.
Hey, remember when Lucic was a healthy scratch in April, as the regular season was coming to a close? Looks like he got the message.
As per Pete Jensen, an NHL Fantasy Insider for the NHL.com, Lucic’s last multi-goal playoff game came May 6, 2011, to help the Bruins sweep the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5