Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
The lockout postponed the 2013 Winter Classic until 2014, which also meant that hockey fans lost out on what’s become an annual eavesdropping treat: HBO’s 24/7 series.
It’s quite possible that the special will return for the 2013-14 season, but for the time being, observers will need to settle for briefer fly-on-the-wall moments, like this inside look at Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville’s speech before Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
There was also footage of Boston Bruins bench boss Claude Julien briefing his guys, as you can see:
Neither one would inspire a rousing speech in a sports movie, but considering their results, it’s hard to complain.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22