Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
The lockout postponed the 2013 Winter Classic until 2014, which also meant that hockey fans lost out on what’s become an annual eavesdropping treat: HBO’s 24/7 series.
It’s quite possible that the special will return for the 2013-14 season, but for the time being, observers will need to settle for briefer fly-on-the-wall moments, like this inside look at Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville’s speech before Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
There was also footage of Boston Bruins bench boss Claude Julien briefing his guys, as you can see:
Neither one would inspire a rousing speech in a sports movie, but considering their results, it’s hard to complain.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39