Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
The lockout postponed the 2013 Winter Classic until 2014, which also meant that hockey fans lost out on what’s become an annual eavesdropping treat: HBO’s 24/7 series.
It’s quite possible that the special will return for the 2013-14 season, but for the time being, observers will need to settle for briefer fly-on-the-wall moments, like this inside look at Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville’s speech before Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
There was also footage of Boston Bruins bench boss Claude Julien briefing his guys, as you can see:
Neither one would inspire a rousing speech in a sports movie, but considering their results, it’s hard to complain.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53