Jun 12, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
As thoroughly as Boston bested the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins weren’t able to score a single power-play goal against them. They only needed 18 seconds of ice time with the man advantage to end that slump tonight.
Forward Patrice Bergeron fired a rocket shot to give the Boston Bruins a 3-1 lead over Chicago — although the Blackhawks have since bounced back.
You can watch his work below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To be clear, scoring a power-play goal against the Chicago Blackhawks is no small task. This is just the fourth goal that Chicago has conceded in the playoffs while shorthanded. That being said, it helped Boston that forward Michael Frolik — who is one of Chicago’s top penalty killers — was the one in the sin bin.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17