Jun 12, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
As thoroughly as Boston bested the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins weren’t able to score a single power-play goal against them. They only needed 18 seconds of ice time with the man advantage to end that slump tonight.
Forward Patrice Bergeron fired a rocket shot to give the Boston Bruins a 3-1 lead over Chicago — although the Blackhawks have since bounced back.
You can watch his work below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To be clear, scoring a power-play goal against the Chicago Blackhawks is no small task. This is just the fourth goal that Chicago has conceded in the playoffs while shorthanded. That being said, it helped Boston that forward Michael Frolik — who is one of Chicago’s top penalty killers — was the one in the sin bin.
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)