Jun 12, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
As thoroughly as Boston bested the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals, the Bruins weren’t able to score a single power-play goal against them. They only needed 18 seconds of ice time with the man advantage to end that slump tonight.
Forward Patrice Bergeron fired a rocket shot to give the Boston Bruins a 3-1 lead over Chicago — although the Blackhawks have since bounced back.
You can watch his work below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To be clear, scoring a power-play goal against the Chicago Blackhawks is no small task. This is just the fourth goal that Chicago has conceded in the playoffs while shorthanded. That being said, it helped Boston that forward Michael Frolik — who is one of Chicago’s top penalty killers — was the one in the sin bin.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39