Jun 12, 2013, 7:52 PM EST
There are talented players that go their entire careers without advancing as far as 20-year-old Brandon Saad has, so he knows he has to savor these moments.
“It’s my first season. So to be able to play at this stage (is unbelievable),” the Chicago Blackhawks forward told CSN Chicago. “A lot of the guys said ‘just take advantage of it because you never know when it’s gonna come around again.'”
Saad had a strong rookie season with 10 goals and 27 points in 46 games, but he has just four assists in the 2013 playoffs.
“Hopefully I’m saving them for this round,” he said. “You never know, but just come out flying, playing my game and I’ll create chances.”
He’s projected to start Game 1 on the third line with Dave Bolland and Andrew Shaw. The Boston Bruins are expected to pair their strongest defenders against the Blackhawks’ top two lines. Boston held the Pittsburgh Penguins to just two goals in four playoff games, which highlights just how effective the Bruins’ shutdown defense can be.
One way for the Blackhawks to overcome that would be to get some good scoring chances out of that third line.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)