Jun 12, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
There are talented players that go their entire careers without advancing as far as 20-year-old Brandon Saad has, so he knows he has to savor these moments.
“It’s my first season. So to be able to play at this stage (is unbelievable),” the Chicago Blackhawks forward told CSN Chicago. “A lot of the guys said ‘just take advantage of it because you never know when it’s gonna come around again.'”
Saad had a strong rookie season with 10 goals and 27 points in 46 games, but he has just four assists in the 2013 playoffs.
“Hopefully I’m saving them for this round,” he said. “You never know, but just come out flying, playing my game and I’ll create chances.”
He’s projected to start Game 1 on the third line with Dave Bolland and Andrew Shaw. The Boston Bruins are expected to pair their strongest defenders against the Blackhawks’ top two lines. Boston held the Pittsburgh Penguins to just two goals in four playoff games, which highlights just how effective the Bruins’ shutdown defense can be.
One way for the Blackhawks to overcome that would be to get some good scoring chances out of that third line.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)