Jun 12, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
There are talented players that go their entire careers without advancing as far as 20-year-old Brandon Saad has, so he knows he has to savor these moments.
“It’s my first season. So to be able to play at this stage (is unbelievable),” the Chicago Blackhawks forward told CSN Chicago. “A lot of the guys said ‘just take advantage of it because you never know when it’s gonna come around again.’”
Saad had a strong rookie season with 10 goals and 27 points in 46 games, but he has just four assists in the 2013 playoffs.
“Hopefully I’m saving them for this round,” he said. “You never know, but just come out flying, playing my game and I’ll create chances.”
He’s projected to start Game 1 on the third line with Dave Bolland and Andrew Shaw. The Boston Bruins are expected to pair their strongest defenders against the Blackhawks’ top two lines. Boston held the Pittsburgh Penguins to just two goals in four playoff games, which highlights just how effective the Bruins’ shutdown defense can be.
One way for the Blackhawks to overcome that would be to get some good scoring chances out of that third line.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 23
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 21
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 39
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)