Jun 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Jamie Langenbrunner wants to play another year in the NHL, but knows it won’t be in St. Louis.
Langenbrunner, 37, has been informed by Blues management he won’t be offered a contract for next season, according to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland.
“I don’t think I’m in their plans,” said Langenbrunner, who has been with the Blues for the last two seasons.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011-12 after 15 years with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went well — he appeared in 70 games, racking up six goals and 18 assists — but last season was a write-off.
He returned to St. Louis on a one-year, $1.5 million deal but had half the year wiped out due to the lockout. When play resumed, he was repeatedly made a healthy scratch before suffering a hip injury that required season-ending surgery.
Langenbrunner told Strickland he’d like to keep playing, and the Blues haven’t closed the door on inviting him to 2013-14 training camp on a professional try-out.
There’s also the possibility Langenbrunner could try to catch on with the Minnesota Wild. He’s friends with Zach Parise from their days in New Jersey and grew up in Minnesota, emerging as a local high school star before joining OHL Peterborough.
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 8
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 18
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)