Jun 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Jamie Langenbrunner wants to play another year in the NHL, but knows it won’t be in St. Louis.
Langenbrunner, 37, has been informed by Blues management he won’t be offered a contract for next season, according to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland.
“I don’t think I’m in their plans,” said Langenbrunner, who has been with the Blues for the last two seasons.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011-12 after 15 years with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went well — he appeared in 70 games, racking up six goals and 18 assists — but last season was a write-off.
He returned to St. Louis on a one-year, $1.5 million deal but had half the year wiped out due to the lockout. When play resumed, he was repeatedly made a healthy scratch before suffering a hip injury that required season-ending surgery.
Langenbrunner told Strickland he’d like to keep playing, and the Blues haven’t closed the door on inviting him to 2013-14 training camp on a professional try-out.
There’s also the possibility Langenbrunner could try to catch on with the Minnesota Wild. He’s friends with Zach Parise from their days in New Jersey and grew up in Minnesota, emerging as a local high school star before joining OHL Peterborough.
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 1
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)