Jun 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Jamie Langenbrunner wants to play another year in the NHL, but knows it won’t be in St. Louis.
Langenbrunner, 37, has been informed by Blues management he won’t be offered a contract for next season, according to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland.
“I don’t think I’m in their plans,” said Langenbrunner, who has been with the Blues for the last two seasons.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011-12 after 15 years with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went well — he appeared in 70 games, racking up six goals and 18 assists — but last season was a write-off.
He returned to St. Louis on a one-year, $1.5 million deal but had half the year wiped out due to the lockout. When play resumed, he was repeatedly made a healthy scratch before suffering a hip injury that required season-ending surgery.
Langenbrunner told Strickland he’d like to keep playing, and the Blues haven’t closed the door on inviting him to 2013-14 training camp on a professional try-out.
There’s also the possibility Langenbrunner could try to catch on with the Minnesota Wild. He’s friends with Zach Parise from their days in New Jersey and grew up in Minnesota, emerging as a local high school star before joining OHL Peterborough.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)