Jun 12, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Jamie Langenbrunner wants to play another year in the NHL, but knows it won’t be in St. Louis.
Langenbrunner, 37, has been informed by Blues management he won’t be offered a contract for next season, according to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland.
“I don’t think I’m in their plans,” said Langenbrunner, who has been with the Blues for the last two seasons.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011-12 after 15 years with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went well — he appeared in 70 games, racking up six goals and 18 assists — but last season was a write-off.
He returned to St. Louis on a one-year, $1.5 million deal but had half the year wiped out due to the lockout. When play resumed, he was repeatedly made a healthy scratch before suffering a hip injury that required season-ending surgery.
Langenbrunner told Strickland he’d like to keep playing, and the Blues haven’t closed the door on inviting him to 2013-14 training camp on a professional try-out.
There’s also the possibility Langenbrunner could try to catch on with the Minnesota Wild. He’s friends with Zach Parise from their days in New Jersey and grew up in Minnesota, emerging as a local high school star before joining OHL Peterborough.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)