Jun 12, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
And we immediately head to the hotel bar…
Actually, we didn’t have time for our customary morning cocktail, as Halford broke his laptop last night, so it was off to Staples for a replacement. Is Toshiba a good brand? Probably not, but that’s what he got because it was cheap.
Anyway, we’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up in a bit, plus all the news of the day. After that, it’s off to the United Center for Gary Bettman’s press conference at 5 p.m. local time. Do you think anyone will ask the commissioner about the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation? Stay tuned!
Then, of course, it’s Game 1 of the Final between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins. Which we’ll watch.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)