Jun 12, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
And we immediately head to the hotel bar…
Actually, we didn’t have time for our customary morning cocktail, as Halford broke his laptop last night, so it was off to Staples for a replacement. Is Toshiba a good brand? Probably not, but that’s what he got because it was cheap.
Anyway, we’ll have our Stanley Cup picks up in a bit, plus all the news of the day. After that, it’s off to the United Center for Gary Bettman’s press conference at 5 p.m. local time. Do you think anyone will ask the commissioner about the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation? Stay tuned!
Then, of course, it’s Game 1 of the Final between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins. Which we’ll watch.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)