Jun 12, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
The “HuLK” line seems like it’s generating offense in the 2013 postseason much like it did when the Boston Bruins won it all in 2011, but one member of that trio hopes that things turn out different this time around.
As you may remember, Nathan Horton suffered a frightening concussion thanks to a Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome hit in Game 3 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. That forced the 28-year-old out of that series, so Horton admitted that getting another chance to play on the game’s biggest stage is special.
“Yeah, it is. It’s definitely special for me to be back, being able to really have fun with it, enjoy it,” Horton said. “It was tough that year, not to be a part of it. But everybody wants to be on the ice. They want to enjoy, work for it. I never got a chance to do that. Obviously with the playoffs last year, why I play.”
“I know I really want to enjoy it this time, have a lot of fun. It doesn’t come all the time. I think everybody knows that. I’m just excited to be back and be here with my team.”
Considering his pending free agency, a good final series could make things really fun for the big winger.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)