Jun 12, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
The “HuLK” line seems like it’s generating offense in the 2013 postseason much like it did when the Boston Bruins won it all in 2011, but one member of that trio hopes that things turn out different this time around.
As you may remember, Nathan Horton suffered a frightening concussion thanks to a Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome hit in Game 3 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. That forced the 28-year-old out of that series, so Horton admitted that getting another chance to play on the game’s biggest stage is special.
“Yeah, it is. It’s definitely special for me to be back, being able to really have fun with it, enjoy it,” Horton said. “It was tough that year, not to be a part of it. But everybody wants to be on the ice. They want to enjoy, work for it. I never got a chance to do that. Obviously with the playoffs last year, why I play.”
“I know I really want to enjoy it this time, have a lot of fun. It doesn’t come all the time. I think everybody knows that. I’m just excited to be back and be here with my team.”
Considering his pending free agency, a good final series could make things really fun for the big winger.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)