Jun 12, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
The “HuLK” line seems like it’s generating offense in the 2013 postseason much like it did when the Boston Bruins won it all in 2011, but one member of that trio hopes that things turn out different this time around.
As you may remember, Nathan Horton suffered a frightening concussion thanks to a Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome hit in Game 3 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. That forced the 28-year-old out of that series, so Horton admitted that getting another chance to play on the game’s biggest stage is special.
“Yeah, it is. It’s definitely special for me to be back, being able to really have fun with it, enjoy it,” Horton said. “It was tough that year, not to be a part of it. But everybody wants to be on the ice. They want to enjoy, work for it. I never got a chance to do that. Obviously with the playoffs last year, why I play.”
“I know I really want to enjoy it this time, have a lot of fun. It doesn’t come all the time. I think everybody knows that. I’m just excited to be back and be here with my team.”
Considering his pending free agency, a good final series could make things really fun for the big winger.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)