Jun 12, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
The “HuLK” line seems like it’s generating offense in the 2013 postseason much like it did when the Boston Bruins won it all in 2011, but one member of that trio hopes that things turn out different this time around.
As you may remember, Nathan Horton suffered a frightening concussion thanks to a Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome hit in Game 3 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. That forced the 28-year-old out of that series, so Horton admitted that getting another chance to play on the game’s biggest stage is special.
“Yeah, it is. It’s definitely special for me to be back, being able to really have fun with it, enjoy it,” Horton said. “It was tough that year, not to be a part of it. But everybody wants to be on the ice. They want to enjoy, work for it. I never got a chance to do that. Obviously with the playoffs last year, why I play.”
“I know I really want to enjoy it this time, have a lot of fun. It doesn’t come all the time. I think everybody knows that. I’m just excited to be back and be here with my team.”
Considering his pending free agency, a good final series could make things really fun for the big winger.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 8
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)