Jun 12, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Even though he’s a rookie, Brendan Gallagher understands the significance of the longstanding Montreal-Boston rivalry.
The Canadiens forward — who is one of the three finalists for this year’s Calder Trophy — told the Vancouver Sun that, despite his friendship with Bruins forward (and fellow ex-WHL Vancouver Giant) Milan Lucic, he doesn’t want to see Boston win the Stanley Cup.
“I mean, I’m happy for Lootch and I’m glad he’s doing well,” Gallagher said. “But I just don’t want to see Boston win.”
Gallagher, 21, finished the year on the rookie leaderboard in a number of key statistical categories: second in the league in shots (117), second in goals (tied), fourth in points (28) and fifth in plus-minus (plus-10).
He also thrust himself into the Habs-Bruins rivalry by scoring this dramatic game-tying goal in a late-March contest:
All told, Gallagher finished with three points in four games against the Bruins this season.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)