Jun 12, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Even though he’s a rookie, Brendan Gallagher understands the significance of the longstanding Montreal-Boston rivalry.
The Canadiens forward — who is one of the three finalists for this year’s Calder Trophy — told the Vancouver Sun that, despite his friendship with Bruins forward (and fellow ex-WHL Vancouver Giant) Milan Lucic, he doesn’t want to see Boston win the Stanley Cup.
“I mean, I’m happy for Lootch and I’m glad he’s doing well,” Gallagher said. “But I just don’t want to see Boston win.”
Gallagher, 21, finished the year on the rookie leaderboard in a number of key statistical categories: second in the league in shots (117), second in goals (tied), fourth in points (28) and fifth in plus-minus (plus-10).
He also thrust himself into the Habs-Bruins rivalry by scoring this dramatic game-tying goal in a late-March contest:
All told, Gallagher finished with three points in four games against the Bruins this season.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)