Jun 12, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
Gary Bettman wouldn’t provide an exact deadline for the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation to be resolved.
Nor would the NHL commissioner talk about potential places where the franchise could be relocated should the most recent prospective owner be unable to strike an arena-management deal with the City of Glendale, which owns the rink where the Coyotes play.
But that lack of specifics aside, the clock is clearly running out on this long-running affair.
And this time, we may even mean it!
“At some point, we’re going to have to make a decision,” said Bettman today in Chicago.
Reporters peppered the commissioner with questions, trying, unsuccessfully, to pin him down on a precise timeline.
Bettman did, however, note that there’s a city council meeting on June 25 and an NHL Board of Governors meeting on June 27, so if you’re looking for key dates, those are two of them.
“Stuff’s gonna happen,” he said.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 70
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)