Jun 12, 2013, 11:58 PM EST
Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton was favoring his left shoulder and left the game in the first overtime of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup Final.
Horton, who injured his shoulder on what looked to be a harmless bump with the Blackhawks’ Niklas Hjalmarsson, did not return to the Bruins’ bench for the second overtime period.
Horton was one-third of the HuLK line for the Bruins, which, along with Milan Lucic and David Krejci has a combined 56 points in these playoffs. Horton also has a league-leading plus-21 rating in these playoffs, prior to Wednesday’s game.
The Bruins have not officially announced anything as to a possible return for Horton.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)