Jun 12, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton was favoring his left shoulder and left the game in the first overtime of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup Final.
Horton, who injured his shoulder on what looked to be a harmless bump with the Blackhawks’ Niklas Hjalmarsson, did not return to the Bruins’ bench for the second overtime period.
Horton was one-third of the HuLK line for the Bruins, which, along with Milan Lucic and David Krejci has a combined 56 points in these playoffs. Horton also has a league-leading plus-21 rating in these playoffs, prior to Wednesday’s game.
The Bruins have not officially announced anything as to a possible return for Horton.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54