Jun 12, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton was favoring his left shoulder and left the game in the first overtime of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup Final.
Horton, who injured his shoulder on what looked to be a harmless bump with the Blackhawks’ Niklas Hjalmarsson, did not return to the Bruins’ bench for the second overtime period.
Horton was one-third of the HuLK line for the Bruins, which, along with Milan Lucic and David Krejci has a combined 56 points in these playoffs. Horton also has a league-leading plus-21 rating in these playoffs, prior to Wednesday’s game.
The Bruins have not officially announced anything as to a possible return for Horton.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 10
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 40
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38