Jun 12, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton was favoring his left shoulder and left the game in the first overtime of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup Final.
Horton, who injured his shoulder on what looked to be a harmless bump with the Blackhawks’ Niklas Hjalmarsson, did not return to the Bruins’ bench for the second overtime period.
Horton was one-third of the HuLK line for the Bruins, which, along with Milan Lucic and David Krejci has a combined 56 points in these playoffs. Horton also has a league-leading plus-21 rating in these playoffs, prior to Wednesday’s game.
The Bruins have not officially announced anything as to a possible return for Horton.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 3
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6