Jun 12, 2013, 11:58 PM EST
Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton was favoring his left shoulder and left the game in the first overtime of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup Final.
Horton, who injured his shoulder on what looked to be a harmless bump with the Blackhawks’ Niklas Hjalmarsson, did not return to the Bruins’ bench for the second overtime period.
Horton was one-third of the HuLK line for the Bruins, which, along with Milan Lucic and David Krejci has a combined 56 points in these playoffs. Horton also has a league-leading plus-21 rating in these playoffs, prior to Wednesday’s game.
The Bruins have not officially announced anything as to a possible return for Horton.
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 8
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 22
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 27
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 69
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (70)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)