Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 AM EST
The first game of the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday and while each squad made quick work of their last opponent, the Boston Bruins in particular did a superb job against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins were a uniquely gifted team offensively after acquiring after acquiring Jarome Iginla and they still managed just two goals against the Bruins in four games.
That being said, as good as Boston is, its defense isn’t invulnerable, so what would the Blackhawks need to do to penetrate it? Meanwhile, these two teams haven’t played against each other since 2011, so are we in for a bit of a bit of a feeling out process in Game 1?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough address those questions and share their predictions for the finals:
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28