Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 AM EDT
The first game of the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday and while each squad made quick work of their last opponent, the Boston Bruins in particular did a superb job against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins were a uniquely gifted team offensively after acquiring after acquiring Jarome Iginla and they still managed just two goals against the Bruins in four games.
That being said, as good as Boston is, its defense isn’t invulnerable, so what would the Blackhawks need to do to penetrate it? Meanwhile, these two teams haven’t played against each other since 2011, so are we in for a bit of a bit of a feeling out process in Game 1?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough address those questions and share their predictions for the finals:
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)