Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 AM EDT
The first game of the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday and while each squad made quick work of their last opponent, the Boston Bruins in particular did a superb job against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins were a uniquely gifted team offensively after acquiring after acquiring Jarome Iginla and they still managed just two goals against the Bruins in four games.
That being said, as good as Boston is, its defense isn’t invulnerable, so what would the Blackhawks need to do to penetrate it? Meanwhile, these two teams haven’t played against each other since 2011, so are we in for a bit of a bit of a feeling out process in Game 1?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough address those questions and share their predictions for the finals:
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)