Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 AM EDT
The first game of the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday and while each squad made quick work of their last opponent, the Boston Bruins in particular did a superb job against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins were a uniquely gifted team offensively after acquiring after acquiring Jarome Iginla and they still managed just two goals against the Bruins in four games.
That being said, as good as Boston is, its defense isn’t invulnerable, so what would the Blackhawks need to do to penetrate it? Meanwhile, these two teams haven’t played against each other since 2011, so are we in for a bit of a bit of a feeling out process in Game 1?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough address those questions and share their predictions for the finals:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5