Jun 11, 2013, 7:48 AM EDT
The first game of the Stanley Cup finals will start on Wednesday and while each squad made quick work of their last opponent, the Boston Bruins in particular did a superb job against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The Penguins were a uniquely gifted team offensively after acquiring after acquiring Jarome Iginla and they still managed just two goals against the Bruins in four games.
That being said, as good as Boston is, its defense isn’t invulnerable, so what would the Blackhawks need to do to penetrate it? Meanwhile, these two teams haven’t played against each other since 2011, so are we in for a bit of a bit of a feeling out process in Game 1?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough address those questions and share their predictions for the finals:
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)