Jun 11, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The future of video games is being unveiled at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo (or “E3″) this week, so it makes sense that EA Sports shared an official trailer for NHL 14:
As you can see from the video above, the game will be released in North America on Sept. 10 and the rest of the world on Sept. 13.
While the game trots out some new gameplay features, it doesn’t give much of an idea of what hockey video games will look like on the next set of consoles. Maybe fans will need to wait until NHL 15 for things to look this impressive?
(Screenshot via Operation Sports.)
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28