Jun 11, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
There’s no doubting Winnipeg defenseman Dustin Byfuglien is a big guy. We saw him looking a bit bigger than normal in September at former teammate Dave Bolland‘s wedding. The summer before that saw him arrested for drunken boating and weighing in at over 280 pounds.
Fast-forward to today where the Winnipeg Free Press’ Gary Lawless opines about Byfuglien weighing in at 302 pounds at the end of this season. Lawless says GM Kevin Cheveldayoff has a harder job to do now because Big Buff won’t stay slim.
No, the Jets can’t dump Byfuglien on someone else’s lap unless they are willing to accept a deep discount on the return. Not now.
Cheveldayoff’s best bet is to turn the trick no one has been able to — that’s to somehow reach Byfuglien and get him into shape and playing a more disciplined game.
The validity of that number is in doubt, however, as Lawless cites Hockeybuzz.com’s Pete Tessier as the source of the information. That site’s reputation isn’t exactly pristine when it comes to information but Lawless puts himself on the line to back him up.
That said, if Jets management isn’t aware that this is how things go for Byfuglien (bulks up in the offseason, gets in shape during it) then perhaps they need to move him just to spare themselves of frustration. As it is, Cheveldayoff and the Jets might not have to look so hard to find a team willing to add a player of his talent.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Minnesota’s earned the right to challenge Chicago again.
Apr 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
He’ll undergo further testing in the not too distant future.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Brian Elliott is on in relief.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
That’s one Allen has to have.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He suffered two concussions this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The newly appointed Edmonton executive is already busy in his new role.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Eric Fehr would be ready for the second round.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Philly fired Craig Berube on April 17.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He last played at the 2006 tournament.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play the second half of Friday night’s win.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Chorney and Dumoulin could also head back to Wilkes-Barre for their playoff run.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been a healthy scratch for three games.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Blues and Sens need wins to force Game 7
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Another big rally at the Saddledome.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)