Jun 11, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Make no mistake about it: Raffi Torres hopes that his time with the San Jose Sharks won’t end up being short.
The 31-year-old was clear about that point to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz, who believes the team should re-sign him.
“It’s not going to be hard to make a decision to stay here. They know I want to,” Torres said. “It’s a great group of guys in here, starting with Joe [Thornton] and right down to [Logan Couture], and the goaltending. It’s just a good group of guys, and it would be a good place to win here.”
Joe Thornton is definitely on board with Torres playing for San Jose some more.
“We hope he comes back. He’s a great player,” Thornton said. “He’s a great addition that Doug made … Just a real good guy. A good guy, a good team guy. Just a fun guy to be around, as well.”
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)