Jun 11, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Make no mistake about it: Raffi Torres hopes that his time with the San Jose Sharks won’t end up being short.
The 31-year-old was clear about that point to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz, who believes the team should re-sign him.
“It’s not going to be hard to make a decision to stay here. They know I want to,” Torres said. “It’s a great group of guys in here, starting with Joe [Thornton] and right down to [Logan Couture], and the goaltending. It’s just a good group of guys, and it would be a good place to win here.”
Joe Thornton is definitely on board with Torres playing for San Jose some more.
“We hope he comes back. He’s a great player,” Thornton said. “He’s a great addition that Doug made … Just a real good guy. A good guy, a good team guy. Just a fun guy to be around, as well.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4