Jun 11, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Make no mistake about it: Raffi Torres hopes that his time with the San Jose Sharks won’t end up being short.
The 31-year-old was clear about that point to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz, who believes the team should re-sign him.
“It’s not going to be hard to make a decision to stay here. They know I want to,” Torres said. “It’s a great group of guys in here, starting with Joe [Thornton] and right down to [Logan Couture], and the goaltending. It’s just a good group of guys, and it would be a good place to win here.”
Joe Thornton is definitely on board with Torres playing for San Jose some more.
“We hope he comes back. He’s a great player,” Thornton said. “He’s a great addition that Doug made … Just a real good guy. A good guy, a good team guy. Just a fun guy to be around, as well.”
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 0
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)