Jun 11, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Make no mistake about it: Raffi Torres hopes that his time with the San Jose Sharks won’t end up being short.
The 31-year-old was clear about that point to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz, who believes the team should re-sign him.
“It’s not going to be hard to make a decision to stay here. They know I want to,” Torres said. “It’s a great group of guys in here, starting with Joe [Thornton] and right down to [Logan Couture], and the goaltending. It’s just a good group of guys, and it would be a good place to win here.”
Joe Thornton is definitely on board with Torres playing for San Jose some more.
“We hope he comes back. He’s a great player,” Thornton said. “He’s a great addition that Doug made … Just a real good guy. A good guy, a good team guy. Just a fun guy to be around, as well.”
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)