Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Growing a playoff beard is nothing new, but Frank Miller decided to take that concept and apply it to a bigger scale. He has vowed not to cut his lawn during the Chicago Blackhawks’ playoff run, according to NBC Chicago.
“Everybody drives by and beeps at it. People stop and take pictures. It’s awesome,” Miller said.
It hasn’t all been good times though. Miller’s lawn has faced its fair share of adversity during the 2013 postseason.
Miller recounts, “I was watching the playoffs one night with my son and hear a lawn mower going off, and I come outside, ‘What are you doing?’ The guy was cutting my lawn with a giant industrial-sized mower, and he said that the city had come and paid him to cut my lawn.”
Just as the Blackhawks did against Detroit, Miller’s lawn has bounced back and is in shape for the finals.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9