Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
Growing a playoff beard is nothing new, but Frank Miller decided to take that concept and apply it to a bigger scale. He has vowed not to cut his lawn during the Chicago Blackhawks’ playoff run, according to NBC Chicago.
“Everybody drives by and beeps at it. People stop and take pictures. It’s awesome,” Miller said.
It hasn’t all been good times though. Miller’s lawn has faced its fair share of adversity during the 2013 postseason.
Miller recounts, “I was watching the playoffs one night with my son and hear a lawn mower going off, and I come outside, ‘What are you doing?’ The guy was cutting my lawn with a giant industrial-sized mower, and he said that the city had come and paid him to cut my lawn.”
Just as the Blackhawks did against Detroit, Miller’s lawn has bounced back and is in shape for the finals.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)