Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
Growing a playoff beard is nothing new, but Frank Miller decided to take that concept and apply it to a bigger scale. He has vowed not to cut his lawn during the Chicago Blackhawks’ playoff run, according to NBC Chicago.
“Everybody drives by and beeps at it. People stop and take pictures. It’s awesome,” Miller said.
It hasn’t all been good times though. Miller’s lawn has faced its fair share of adversity during the 2013 postseason.
Miller recounts, “I was watching the playoffs one night with my son and hear a lawn mower going off, and I come outside, ‘What are you doing?’ The guy was cutting my lawn with a giant industrial-sized mower, and he said that the city had come and paid him to cut my lawn.”
Just as the Blackhawks did against Detroit, Miller’s lawn has bounced back and is in shape for the finals.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)