Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Growing a playoff beard is nothing new, but Frank Miller decided to take that concept and apply it to a bigger scale. He has vowed not to cut his lawn during the Chicago Blackhawks’ playoff run, according to NBC Chicago.
“Everybody drives by and beeps at it. People stop and take pictures. It’s awesome,” Miller said.
It hasn’t all been good times though. Miller’s lawn has faced its fair share of adversity during the 2013 postseason.
Miller recounts, “I was watching the playoffs one night with my son and hear a lawn mower going off, and I come outside, ‘What are you doing?’ The guy was cutting my lawn with a giant industrial-sized mower, and he said that the city had come and paid him to cut my lawn.”
Just as the Blackhawks did against Detroit, Miller’s lawn has bounced back and is in shape for the finals.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38