Jun 11, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Growing a playoff beard is nothing new, but Frank Miller decided to take that concept and apply it to a bigger scale. He has vowed not to cut his lawn during the Chicago Blackhawks’ playoff run, according to NBC Chicago.
“Everybody drives by and beeps at it. People stop and take pictures. It’s awesome,” Miller said.
It hasn’t all been good times though. Miller’s lawn has faced its fair share of adversity during the 2013 postseason.
Miller recounts, “I was watching the playoffs one night with my son and hear a lawn mower going off, and I come outside, ‘What are you doing?’ The guy was cutting my lawn with a giant industrial-sized mower, and he said that the city had come and paid him to cut my lawn.”
Just as the Blackhawks did against Detroit, Miller’s lawn has bounced back and is in shape for the finals.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40