Jun 11, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
There could be some lineup changes coming for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals.
During today’s practice at United Center, forwards Viktor Stalberg and Brandon Bollig were sporting different colored jerseys. Bollig had a black one meaning he was on one of the top four lines while Stalberg skated in white with the extras.
Is there change coming? Quenneville was coy following practice saying it’s “possible” that Bollig and Stalberg would be switched. Stalberg’s game is all about speed and scoring chances while Bollig is strength and toughness. Perhaps he believes Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton needs a real dance partner.
That wasn’t the only change either as coach Joel Quenneville juggled his lines as well reuniting Jonathan Toews with Patrick Sharp with Marian Hossa while Patrick Kane joined Bryan Bickell and Michael Handzus on the second line. Quenneville says reuniting Sharp and Toews is about “balance” in the lineup.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 6
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)