Jun 11, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
There could be some lineup changes coming for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals.
During today’s practice at United Center, forwards Viktor Stalberg and Brandon Bollig were sporting different colored jerseys. Bollig had a black one meaning he was on one of the top four lines while Stalberg skated in white with the extras.
Is there change coming? Quenneville was coy following practice saying it’s “possible” that Bollig and Stalberg would be switched. Stalberg’s game is all about speed and scoring chances while Bollig is strength and toughness. Perhaps he believes Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton needs a real dance partner.
That wasn’t the only change either as coach Joel Quenneville juggled his lines as well reuniting Jonathan Toews with Patrick Sharp with Marian Hossa while Patrick Kane joined Bryan Bickell and Michael Handzus on the second line. Quenneville says reuniting Sharp and Toews is about “balance” in the lineup.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)