Jun 11, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
There could be some lineup changes coming for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals.
During today’s practice at United Center, forwards Viktor Stalberg and Brandon Bollig were sporting different colored jerseys. Bollig had a black one meaning he was on one of the top four lines while Stalberg skated in white with the extras.
Is there change coming? Quenneville was coy following practice saying it’s “possible” that Bollig and Stalberg would be switched. Stalberg’s game is all about speed and scoring chances while Bollig is strength and toughness. Perhaps he believes Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton needs a real dance partner.
That wasn’t the only change either as coach Joel Quenneville juggled his lines as well reuniting Jonathan Toews with Patrick Sharp with Marian Hossa while Patrick Kane joined Bryan Bickell and Michael Handzus on the second line. Quenneville says reuniting Sharp and Toews is about “balance” in the lineup.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)