Jun 11, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
There could be some lineup changes coming for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals.
During today’s practice at United Center, forwards Viktor Stalberg and Brandon Bollig were sporting different colored jerseys. Bollig had a black one meaning he was on one of the top four lines while Stalberg skated in white with the extras.
Is there change coming? Quenneville was coy following practice saying it’s “possible” that Bollig and Stalberg would be switched. Stalberg’s game is all about speed and scoring chances while Bollig is strength and toughness. Perhaps he believes Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton needs a real dance partner.
That wasn’t the only change either as coach Joel Quenneville juggled his lines as well reuniting Jonathan Toews with Patrick Sharp with Marian Hossa while Patrick Kane joined Bryan Bickell and Michael Handzus on the second line. Quenneville says reuniting Sharp and Toews is about “balance” in the lineup.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 8
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)