Jun 11, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
There could be some lineup changes coming for the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals.
During today’s practice at United Center, forwards Viktor Stalberg and Brandon Bollig were sporting different colored jerseys. Bollig had a black one meaning he was on one of the top four lines while Stalberg skated in white with the extras.
Is there change coming? Quenneville was coy following practice saying it’s “possible” that Bollig and Stalberg would be switched. Stalberg’s game is all about speed and scoring chances while Bollig is strength and toughness. Perhaps he believes Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton needs a real dance partner.
That wasn’t the only change either as coach Joel Quenneville juggled his lines as well reuniting Jonathan Toews with Patrick Sharp with Marian Hossa while Patrick Kane joined Bryan Bickell and Michael Handzus on the second line. Quenneville says reuniting Sharp and Toews is about “balance” in the lineup.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1